CQ TAFE-trained apprentices win big at recent Capricornia Training Company Awards
Monday, 23 November 2009 11:35AM - All Campuses
News in brief:
Central Queensland Institute of TAFE has reinforced its position as the region's leading training provider with 27 of its CQ TAFE-trained apprentices winning the majority of categories at the 2009 Capricornia Training Company Awards.
News in detail:CQ TAFE Director of Studies Dr Simon Watkins said the Institute excelled at the awards presented in Emerald and Rockhampton.
"We are thrilled to see that the lion's share of the apprentices who won awards were trained by CQ TAFE," Dr Watkins said.
"CQ TAFE was very pleased to be a sponsor the CTC Awards and we hope to continue our involvement into the future.
"One of the outstanding achievements was by hospitality student Ethan Malone who picked up three awards at the recent Rockhampton ceremony," Dr Watkins said.
Winners of the Rockhampton awards who were CQ TAFE-trained:
- Automotive Industry Incentive Award - Timothy Granshaw
- Automotive Industry Award - Daniel Thomasson
- Electrical Industry Incentive Award - Joshua Edwards
- Electrical Industry Award - Daniel Visser
- Engineering Industry Incentive Award - Alden Gregory
- Engineering Industry Award - Kevin Cunningham
- Building Construction Industry Incentive Award - Mark Kavanagh
- Building and Construction Industry Award - Nick Churchill
- School Based Award - Wade Oswald
- Capricorn Lodge 222 Award - Ethan Malone
- Indigenous Award - Travis Hornagold
- Skilling Solutions Ambassador Award - John Tait
- Hospitality Award - Ethan Malone
- Childcare Award - Samara Niven
- Sunsuper Outstanding Achievement Award - Guy Rennick
- Excellence in Training Award - Tamika Bowkett
- Lex Irvine Memorial Guild Award - Ethan Malone
Winners of the Emerald awards who were CQ TAFE-trained:
- Automotive Industry Incentive Award - Stephen Hunter
- Automotive Industry Award - Adrian Vassallo
- Electrical Industry Incentive Award - Bernhard Otto
- Electrical Industry Award - Martin Wyles
- Building Construction Industry Incentive - Brock Ormond
- Building and Construction Industry Award - Daniel Eden
- School Based Incentive Award - Kelly Pusey
- School Based Incentive Award Luke Reynoldson
- Apprentice of the Year Award - Mark Wagner
- Mature Age Apprentice of the Year - Bernard Hiron
The Trainee of the Year Award was awarded to the CTC-trained Sharna McArdle.
The CEO of Capricornia Training Company Mr Rod Jones thanked CQ TAFE for their support for the awards and for the continuing training effort throughout the region.
Capricornia Training Company, recognised as a leading employer of apprentices throughout Central Queensland, employs apprentices and hires them out to various businesses.
The apprentices are trained by Registered Training Organisations, including Central Queensland Institute of TAFE.
Submitted By:Greg Chapman