Programs for school students
Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Schools Program
CQ TAFE is the key to your future!
High school students - you have the opportunity to study through CQ TAFE via a range of training options. Options can include attending TAFE one or two days a week during the school term over one or two years, or some programs can be studied externally.
Schools' program guide
Get a head-start with your career aspirations! Achieve a nationally-recognised qualification while still studying at school. The skills acquired while participating in these programs could give you the credit points you need towards your apprenticeship or traineeship.
Schools program selection form and new student personal details
How do school students apply to study?
- Read the course information above and select the program you want to study (and also an alternative if you wish)
- Complete the program selection form and the new student personal details form (PDF, 257KB)
- Have your parent or guardian sign both forms
- Provide completed forms to your School VET Coordinator
- An enrolment pack will be sent to you, via your School VET Coordinator
- You should arrange to enrol and pay your fees as soon as possible after receiving your enrolment pack
Financial Services Pathways - Rockhampton Campus
This is a new pilot program (for Years 10 to 12) run by CQ TAFE working together with the local accounting and banking industry in Rockhampton. It is all about giving students a taste of working in a cutting edge simulated business environment (one day per week) and it is supported by the local accounting and banking industry who are offering scholarships to eligible applicants. Students get to complete the Certificate II in Financial Services (pending registration) while they work - no additional work is required outside the enterprise.
Expressions of Interest are being taken, please contact your VET Coordinator to register your interest - places are limited.
For further information please read Financial Services Pathways (PDF, 562KB)